GoodSports Code of Conduct
- We affirm that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the ultimate guide for our values, attitudes, and behaviors in all relationships.
- We will seek to foster the development of spiritual maturity through maintaining a personal devotional life and through participating in community worship and prayer.
- We will seek to keep the unity of the Spirit to the bond of peace, and in gentleness, patience and humility, accept one another in love.
- We will seek to encourage one another to mature in Christ-likeness through attempting to speak the truth in love on the sports field, on the courts, in social relationships and in all the areas of our common life.
- We will seek to encourage unity in families through responsible relationships.
- We will seek to respect and encourage our uniqueness in Christ, which includes our diversity of denomination, race, culture, personality, experience, gifts and goals.
- We will seek to become involved individually and corporately with the Church in ministering to spiritual and social needs within and beyond race, sex and socioeconomic status.
- We renounce behaviors such as distortion of God's word, deception, falsehood, drunkenness, stealing, and sexual immorality such as premarital intercourse, adultery and homosexual behavior.
- We believe where conflict or sin occurs in the GoodSports community, a Biblical process as stated in Matthew 18:15-20 should be followed to seek correction, forgiveness, restitution and reconciliation.
- We will seek to practice an attitude of mutual submission according to the mind of Christ, recognizing that at times our personal rights and preferences must by put aside for the sake of others' conscience and the good of the organization.
- We will seek to encourage the cultivation of such spiritual attitudes as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
- We will not date underage participants of GoodSports programs.
I, __________ have reviewed the GoodSports Code of Conduct and personally commit to live according to the code. I understand that the policy of dismissal and mandatory recovery furlough may be implemented if violations of this code occur.
Signature ____________ Date __/__/____